Starting Your Business in Illinois Online
Starting a business in Illinois is exciting, but also challenging. This workshop gives the entrepreneur a realistic view of the requirements to start a business and the resources available to support a new venture. Learn the basic elements of starting a successful business and get answers to the most frequently asked questions!
We will discuss:
- Business resources available from the Small Business Development and International Trade Center
- Factors for business success
- Reasons for starting a small business
- Major considerations for starting a business in Illinois including writing a business plan, choosing a business structure, registering ownership, protecting products, services and ideas, determining tax requirements, fulfilling employer requirements, securing permits, licenses and insurance, identifying target markets, marketing and selling, and securing business funding
- Next steps for starting your business
About your instructor:
Mitch Bienvenue has a master’s in Human Resource Development and is Director of the Illinois Small Business Development & International Trade Center. He has over 30 years of business experience, 17 as a small business owner/operator. As a certified professional business coach, Mitch works with leaders of small businesses from a wide variety of industries. He brings his personal experience, passion and business-building skills to support Lake County entrepreneurs and small business owners.
** This event is organized by our partner, the Illinois Small Business Development & International Trade Center at the College of Lake County. Please follow this link and register for the event if you wish to attend: https://sbil-glc-f20.eventbrite.com **